Homestay refunds and cancellation
- If you decide to cancel your application after a placement has been allocated, the placement fee is not refundable except Visa application is declined and 2 weeks notice). If you decide to cancel your application less than 2 weeks before your arrival date, the placement fee and up to 2 weeks Homestay Fees are not refundable.
- If a confirmed placement is cancelled within 14 days of the student arrival, the student will forfeit up to 2 weeks Homestay Weekly Fees.
- If a student fails to arrive or decides to not attend the Homestay, the student will be required to give a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice in writing prior to any refund being considered.
- The 2 weeks written notice cannot apply to any part of the prepaid 4 week or more initial homestay placement once the student has arrived at the homestay.
Homestay Placement Fee
This is the fee paid to us to confirm that a placement is required. The fee is generally paid in conjunction with a minimum period of weekly fees (usually 4 weeks).
On receipt of the Placement Fee, we are responsible for finding and selecting an appropriate screened Host for the student using the available matching criteria. Once the Supervisor has begun the work to locate a suitable host the Placement fee is not refundable.
The placement fee is fully refundable if: the student’s travel is cancelled or the Students Visa is not approved (upon receipt of the Australian High Commission / DIAC Visa Refusal Notification) and a minimum of 2 weeks written notice has been provided to us or our supervisor has not yet begun the work to find a suitable placement Under most other circumstances the Homestay Placement fee is non-refundable.
Does host family hold the homestay placement for student when they return oversea or go on a holiday?
- Many students wish to put on hold their homestay placements when they return overseas or go on a holiday. If our Host and we are agreeable the student may choose as follows:
- 50% Homestay Fee Service (Room is maintained plus storage)
- The student is able to leave some of their personal possessions in the room and the room will not be used by the Host for other purposes.
- In this case the student agrees to pay to the Supervisor 50% of the normal Homestay Weekly Fee for up to 8 weeks.
For further information and support, please contact our OSHCstudents team via email firstname.lastname@example.org