OSHCstudents – If you pay for medical costs on the spot or afterwards, you may be eligible to claim back a portion or entire amount of the invoice.
- Register with myBupa. If you’ve already registered, simply log on
- Select “Make a claim” from the menu options
- Upload a copy of your invoice and/or receipt from your health practitioner or service provider
- Upload a copy of a completed medical certificate if you are in the first 12 months of your cover
Useful info to know
You need to provide your Australian bank account details when you submit a claim (it cannot be an overseas bank account).
Once your claim is processed, any refund will be paid into this account.
There are a number of ways you can submit an OSHC claim.
- Online via the myBupa website
- Through the myBupa mobile app
- Visit a Bupa Retail Store
- See your On-Campus Consultant (where available)
- Post your claim to us (see claim form for details).
Processing times will vary depending on the nature of the claim.
Most claims for doctor visits are processed within 5 business days.
Hospital claims (including outpatient visits) are processed in approximately 7-14 days. If we require additional information we will contact you.
In some cases a Medical Certificate from the doctor will be required.
If you’re in your first 12 months of cover and are being sent for more treatment or tests, ask your doctor to complete a Bupa medical certificate.
Tap and Claim with your phone
Forget about plastic member cards. Choose digital.
With just one tap you can claim* with your iPhone, Apple Watch or Android phone using your Bupa digital member card.
To get started, simply follow the steps for your device.
OSHCstudents (source: Bupa)