AnnalinkOSHCstudents – Allianz is one of the leading healthcare companies in Australia offering its customers comprehensive services. These are the following Allianz’s best services.
1. Telehealth services powered by Doctors on Demand
Access a health professional from the comfort of your home. Allianz Care Australia OSHC members have access to a qualified doctor 24/7 via phone or video call.
Allianz Care Australia offers OSHC and OVHC members a service that allows you to speak to a qualified Australian doctor 24/7 via phone or video call.
- Available to Allianz Care Australia OSHC and OVHC members (excluding Budget Working cover and Budget Visitors cover).
- 24/7 video and phone consults from your phone, tablet or laptop
- See a doctor without leaving home
- Qualified Australian-based doctors
- Repeat prescriptions and select medications can be delivered to home
- Private medical advice for a range of health concerns
- Get doctors’ referrals for investigative tests, specialists and medical certificates
2. Allianz MyHealth app
Take control of your cover with our Allianz MyHealth portal and apps, designed to make your life easier. Submit a medical claim, check the status of your claims or view your policy documents at the touch of a button, anytime, anywhere, even offline.
The highly-rated Allianz MyHealth app is packed full of useful information and tools to help you manage your healthcare on the move. Access is fast, PIN-secured and offers a range of easy-to-use services.
- Submit your claims: It’s never been easier to send us your claims – with the app, you just have to enter some key details, photograph your invoices, and click ‘submit’.
- Read your policy: Access your membership card and policy documents at anytime through the app.
- Access emergency numbers: Whether online or offline, the MyHealth app offers you immediate access to local emergency services numbers, so you will never be far from help when you need it.
- Use our health assistant: Created to make your life easier, the health assistant will help you find local equivalents of brand name medicines.
- Find a doctor online tool: Our find a doctor tool helps you find health professionals close by that bill us directly. Simply enter your postcode and choose your closest health professional.
- Are you in a medical emergency?: Call 000 immediately or go to your nearest hospital. An emergency is a serious illness or injury that poses an immediate risk to your life or long-term wellbeing.
- Telehealth video and phone doctor: Talk to a doctor from the comfort of your home. Speak to a qualified Australian based doctor 24/7 via phone or video call.
- Doctors’ fees explained: Each doctor has different fees. To understand what Allianz Care Australia covers and what you may need to pay for, see links below. Read more https://ihfinddoctor.agaassistance.com.au/
3. Hospital in the Home trial
We are trialling a Hospital in the Home treatment model in Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne until June 2021. For a number of conditions you could stay in the comfort of your home and have a medical specialist come to you.
At Allianz Care we are committed to improving the lives of our members and offering simple access to care. As part of this commitment, we are undertaking a Hospital in the Home trial for Allianz Care Australia – Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) members in Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne. The trial will be undertaken from December 2020 to June 2021 with Torrens Health, a leading Australian healthcare company and nursing agency.
The trial will evaluate the role of specialist care for members who may benefit from receiving treatment at home rather than in hospital.
Eligible conditions which can be referred to Torrens Health for the pilot include:
- Intravenous (IV) infusions including antibiotics for cellulitis, kidney, or urinary tract infections
- Complex wound dressings
- Pain management (IV and subcutaneous injections only)
- Insulin dependent diabetes care
To be eligible to participate in the pilot, the Allianz Care Australia OSHC member is required to be:
- Clinically stable
- Living in suitable accommodation to receive care
- Able to access additional support if required e.g. by a relative or carer
- Agreeable to the proposed Hospital in the Home treatment plan
Important information for members
If you have a condition that meets the above requirements and would like to be considered for treatment under the pilot program, please speak with your GP or Specialist about whether you are suitable for the program. For more information please visit: https://www.torrenshealth.com.au/patients
Important Information for Treating GPs, Specialists and Hospitals
Depending on the patient’s condition and care plan, they may be eligible for the pilot and directly admitted by a GP or from the treating doctor within a hospital to Torrens Health Hospital in the Home service. If you are located in Adelaide, Brisbane or Melbourne and want to refer an Allianz Care Australia OSHC member or would like more information, please directly contact the clinical team at Torrens Health on 1300 729 122, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: https://www.torrenshealth.com.au/clinicians
AnnalinkOSHCstudents (Following Allianz)