Allianz, AHM, Medibank, Bupa are the authorized insurance companies that are legally approved by the Federal Government of Australia to provide Overseas Students Health Care (OSHC) insurance for international students while studying and living in Australia. OSHC is a mandatory condition for student visa application as per visa requirements.
OSHC is a health insurance (health cover) designed to help international students to cover the costs of medical and hospital treatment international students may need when having accidents or illnesses for your duration of staying in Australia. You will be advised in advance that these costs are often very expensive in Australia.
www.oshcstudents.com.au is the internationally recognized network which offers a wide range of products and services for international students/visitors and organizations. Our services are customized to suit almost all demands of anyone who will spend their life overseas as a visitor or a student. Our services range includes but not limited to insurance, accommodation, homestay, guardian, phone/sim cards, and money transfer.
www.oshcstudents.com.au helps you to:
- Get a fast and free OSHC insurance quote online.
- Access useful information concerning OSHC. You can search for any products and services from a reliable provider before making your decision.
- Register and make online payment conveniently and flexibly.
- Issue insurance certificate quickly that helps you to submit your visa in time.
- Provide essential information before departure to Australia such as OSHC policy, how to get a membership card, understanding about the Australian Health Care System, finding health care clinics and getting in contact with the nearest OSHC office.
- Provide 24/7 assistance. OSHCstudents support team is available to support you any time.
OSHC provides healthcare services that are similar to Australians that include the followings:
- Medical services provided by a local doctor who is referred as general practitioner in Australia
- Out of hospital medical treatment
- In-hospital medical treatment
- Prescription medicine
- Ambulance service
What is covered?
OSHC is committed to providing you a coverage that is similar to the benefits Australians receive from Medicare (the public health system for Australian citizens and permanent residents). Furthermore, OSHC also helps you to access private hospital and day surgery, emergency ambulance service, pharmaceutical benefits. More details are as follows:
1. Out of hospital medical treatment
- Medical services provided by a general practitioner (client shall receive the full amount (100%) of the costs as listed in the Medicare Benefits Schedule-MBS).
- All other medical services such as general health care check and radiology (which include healthcare specialists): 85% of the costs as listed in MBS.
2. In-hospital medical treatment: 85% of the cost as listed in MBS.
3. Public hospital: Clients are admitted to shared ward hospital accommodation or a separate accommodation in the hospital dormitory, same day service, accident and emergency and out-patient medical and post-operative services: The fees are calculated by the State and Territory health authorities for services charged to a patient who is not an Australian citizen and permanent resident.
4. Private hospital/registered day hospital facility: 100% of the charges for all insurable costs raised by a contracted hospital with a minimum of shared ward hospital accommodation.
5. Prescription medicine: For any prescription medicines written out by your doctor, client shall get 100% of the costs as regulated in Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme-PBS
- A maximum amount of $50 for any prescribed item.
- A maximum amount of $300 for a single membership per annum.
- A maximum amount of $600 for a family membership in which $300 is for each person.
6. Ambulance service: 100% of the transportation cost when this service is needed for emergency treatment.
7. Surgically implanted prostheses: 100% of the costs as listed in the Australian Prostheses List regulated by the Federal Government of Australia.
What is not covered?
- Dental treatment.
- Optical care.
- Services provided by physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, naturopaths or any other ancillary services.
- Prosthetic surgery not considered medically necessary Unrequested prosthetic surgery
- Co-payment or payment gap (that you have to pay yourself).
- Assisted reproductive program.
- Treatment for a pregnancy within the first 12 months after your arrival in Australia.
- Treatment for any illness with pre-existing condition within the first 12 months after your arrival in Australia.
- Medicines/drugs not prescribed by a doctor or not listed in the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
- Medical services in hospitals for any treatment not listed in the Medicare Benefits Schedule.
- Medications, drugs or other treatments not prescribed by a doctor or not included in the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
Click here to know more about Overseas student heath cover
Pls contact us for further information and assistance.
Hot line: +61 2 8123 0900/+61 2 8123 0901